The property is a Grade 1 Listed Building and was constructed Circa 1775-78. It’s position is exceptional as it is situated in the middle of a row of seven Grade 1 Listed terraced houses of similar date in a conservation area. For many years the house had been in use as offices, which resulted in the loss of many historic features and compromise of the quality of the original spaces.
In 2014 and 2015 we obtained planning and listed building consent for the renovation of the house and retrieval of its original use as a private home for our client.
The work comprises of a complete renovation, careful conservation and repair of the Listed house and the introduction of high quality modern services. Exciting additions include extension of the principal cantilevered staircase to allow family use of the basement. An original decorated ceiling has been rediscovered in one of the main rooms hidden behind a modern suspended ceiling. All works have been designed to a very high standard in a traditional sympathetic style in keeping with the character of the property.
The house will be reinstated as an exceptionally comfortable family home that retrieves the beautiful spaces as originally intended.
Completion is anticipated for August 2016.