A larger 1560 manor house was demolished in 1745, leaving only the service wing intact. Much of the remaining fabric, extended and remodelled, was used as offices for most of the 20th Century.
The current owner, a collector of modern art and classic cars, approached us to create a contemporary country home for his family and his collections. The initial brief grew when we proposed the reconfiguration of the circulation spaces to resolve an awkward layout. Our work included design of a contemporary triple height glass-roofed atrium in the central courtyard and a contemporary conservatory. Other unconventional works include fitted joinery, bespoke bathrooms and poured resin floors throughout. The conversion of a workshop as a guest room included a bathroom with a glass floor overlooking a vintage Porsche 356 parked below.
Works were completed in 2017. The project was predominantly run from our Stamford office.