The grade II* Listed house was built between 1749 and 1751 by William Jones for Admiral Lord Rodney with imposing, but quite severe brick elevations. The landscaping of the Estate was undertaken by a contemporary of Capability Brown.
Our clients purchased the house to enjoy the historic qualities and to establish the house as a comfortable home of the highest quality. We implemented a thorough refurbishment, working closely with the clients interior designers. These included additions, alterations to the building and re-ordering of the main house layout. A dramatic intervention that we devised was to replace the existing main staircase with a new cantilevered stone staircase, orientated in the opposite direction to existing to improve the flow in the main rooms.
Further works included provision of a new heating system, new finishes and new fittings to all the bathrooms.
Works were completed in 2016.