The property is a Grade 1 Listed Building and was constructed Circa 1775-78. It occupies an exceptional position in the middle of a row of seven Grade 1 Listed terraced houses. For many years the house had been used as offices, which resulted in the loss of many historic features and compromise of the quality of the original spaces.
We obtained planning and listed building consent for the renovation of the house and retrieval of its original use as a private home for our client.
The work comprised of a complete renovation, careful conservation and repair of the Listed house and the introduction of high quality modern services. Exciting additions included extension of the principal cantilevered staircase to allow family use of the basement. An original decorated ceiling was rediscovered in one of the main rooms hidden above a modern suspended ceiling. All works were designed to a very high standard in a traditional sympathetic style in keeping with the character of the property. New high quality joinery and bathrooms were added.
The house was reinstated as an exceptionally comfortable family home, bringing modern living to its beautiful spaces. Completed 2017.